Chimney Leak Repair In New Haven & Fairfield
Why Chimney Leaks Need Immediate Attention
There’s nothing more disheartening to a homeowner than having to place a bucket in the firebox to catch water coming down the chimney. That’s just not the way it’s supposed to work, is it? After all, chimneys are designed for building fires, not for taking on water. A chimney leak can be a dirty and frustrating problem.
Water is definitely a chimney’s worst enemy. The amount of damage that water can do to your chimney cannot be overstated. Leaks can cause damage that can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars to repair.
If you are experiencing a chimney leak, don’t call a roofer; watch the video below to see how Total Chimney Care can fix your water problems.
Chimney leaks can come from a variety of sources, but some of the most common culprits include:
- Rainwater. Rain may be coming in from the top of chimney due to a damaged or missing chimney cover. This is the most simple cause, so it should be checked out first.
- Cracks in the chimney crown. The chimney crown is the masonry that covers the top of your chimney. This cover prevents water from getting into the cracks into the masonry below.
- Chimneys leaking from the inside out due to condensation.
- Improperly installed or damaged chimney flashing.
- Leaking bricks. Bricks that are too porous may leak if the flashing is not properly installed around them.
When Water Is The Problem
When water is the problem, obviously the first step is to track down the source of the leak. It sounds simple (and oftentimes it is), but it can sometimes be tricky to trace the problem back to its original source, especially when there may be multiple causes for the leak. The experts at Total Chimney Care deal with chimney leaks every day. They are experienced professionals who will investigate the sources of your leak, then give you a detailed plan of action for stopping the leaks and repairing any damage.
Chimney Leak Prevention
If you are looking for good ways to prevent this from happening, here are a couple:
If your home or property is located in New Haven, Fairfield, Milford, or the surrounding areas, we’re your local chimney leak experts! Call us today and have us diagnose and resolve your chimney leak.
It may be that all you need for the safe operation of your chimney and fireplace is to have a thorough cleaning, so give us a call to schedule this chimney service.